Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The EHS Specialist will support the EH&S Manager with the development, implementation, and administration of environment, health and safety policies and programs. They will help researchers and engineers maintain compliance with city and state regulations. They will learn and grow as they are exposed to new and interesting challenges. This role will work closely with the lab services and safety teams to ensure that Twelve is providing a safe place to work for all team members.
What you will do:
- Be a resource for code compliance, safe chemical handling, proper hazardous waste storage, disposal, and transportation
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of EHS training to all team members
- Support management of the Hazardous waste and other environmental compliance programs
- Manage implementation of a variety of occupational health and safety programs, including Chemical Hygiene , Injury & Illness Prevention and Emergency preparedness and response programs.
- Lead incident and accident investigations
- Be the technical team’s point of contact for EHS concerns
- Evaluate PPE and other safety equipment to support new processes and equipment
- Manage communication with local and state regulatory agencies regarding permitting compliance
- Collect, organize and maintain data and records for EHS permit compliance and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in safety related field and/or equivalent experience/training
- You have 3+ years of experience in an EHS role
- You are knowledgeable on federal, state and local regulations as well as environmental, health and safety best management practices
- You have worked in a laboratory or manufacturing setting and have experience with hazardous chemicals and gases
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong planning, organizing and project or program implementation skills
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
Wage Range: $104,000 - $130,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.