Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA with teams in Serbia, we are currently 100+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team is working in a hybrid setup from our Boston Financial District office: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
Director of Content and Consumer Education
This new position is an important leadership role within the marketing department, and reports to VP of Marketing. As the Director of Content and Consumer Education, you will lead one of EnergySage’s most important marketing strategies and key differentiators in the renewable energy space - unparalleled consumer education helping consumers transition to a renewable energy future in their homes and lives. EnergySage is the most trusted and respected source for renewable energy content by both consumers and the industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and lead EnergySage’s content strategy across all channels and mediums (core website content, blogs, video, social media, infographics, industry reports, white papers, and more) in order to educate consumers about a wide range of clean energy products.
- Build from scratch a robust video content capability to bring EnergySage’s expert content to the most popular medium.
- Lead editorial direction for consumer education and all research and written content across a wide range of clean energy products including solar, batteries & back-up power, heat pumps, EVs & EV chargers, VPP, demand response programs, and other products and services.
- Lead a team of 5 experienced, high-performing content writers and build out the team to deliver against new multimedia production needs including a focus on video.
- Develop strategy to deliver 10X distribution of EnergySage content.
- Partner with the SEO team to accelerate inbound organic traffic from over 10 million annual site visitors.
- Partner with lifecycle marketing to create content that educates and nurtures leads throughout the funnel
- Lead content strategy for partnerships with influencers and B2B2C partners, including utilities, non-profits, etc.
What We Look For:
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for both educating and informing the consumer and renewable energy space.
- 10+ years developing high-caliber written and multimedia content, with 3+ years in the clean/renewable energy space.
- Demonstrated ability to develop content strategy, write high-quality content briefs, and align key stakeholders across functions.
- Experience leading video strategy and high-volume, efficient video production.
- Demonstrated management experience leading a team of 5+ direct reports.
- Experience hiring and building a high-performing team in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience managing a hybrid team of both internal and external (agency, contract) creative resources.
- A strong personal network of freelance and agency partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with demonstrated experience as an editor.
- Ability to research and understand complex subjects and synthesize information into easy-to-understand content and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.