Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. The estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Connecticut off the road for a year. Aspiration is a certified B Corporation and, in fact, has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations four years in a row. Aspiration has raised over $550M in funding to date and is growing quickly. As a virtual-first company, there is no preference to location in the United States. Be part of building an innovative and inclusive financial future. Aspiration Values Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders. Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform. Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star. Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it. Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Manage the billing, credit, and collections policies, procedures and day-to-day activities for the accounts receivable functions
- Identify and lead opportunities to enhance, improve, implement, and document monthly procedures to increase accuracy, efficiency, and consistency of invoicing
- Pursue collections on delinquent accounts and decide when to engage legal, write-off balances, draft client payment plans, and issue credits
- Assist in Accounts Receivables month-end responsibilities including journal entries, reconciliations, reporting and invoicing
- Responsible for various general ledger accounts and account reconciliations for month-end close processes
- Design, compile, analyze, and provide monthly analytics for reporting to leadership and making strategic decisions
- Review and monitor AR aging on a monthly basis and update AR allowance and oversee cash application
- Monitor deferred revenue balances and work with the team to ensure balances are used or repurposed within a year of collecting
- Establish and maintain positive interactions with internal departments
- Prepare and/or review documentation for annual audit requests
- Perform special projects upon request from all levels of management
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of overall general accounting or operational experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business area
- Knowledge of US GAAP financial statements and internal controls
- Experience with SOX requirements
- Technical Skills: G Suite, Intermediate Excel
- Excellent analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively lead and influence staff across all levels, functions and external constituencies
- Strong ability to drive process improvement and critical thinking
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environmentDriven to learn fast, be creative, and win as a team
- Ability to meet hard deadlines
What You'll Get
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm.
- Opportunity to be part of and to contribute to ESG, as a steward of social and environmental change.
- Participation opportunities in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee activities and events
- Robust benefit offerings, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Parental Leave expansion (12 weeks of paid leave over the course of a year)
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefit plan offerings
- Unlimited vacation time and 80 hours of sick time annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Work from home setup and equipment reimbursement
- Semi - annual performance reviews
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here