Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
As a critical member of the Finance team, your responsibility is to help plan and execute Form’s supply pathway from R&D scale through GW-scale, making it possible for us to deliver the lowest-cost forms of storage. In this endeavor, you will partner closely with all members within the Supply Chain organization to analyze and develop detailed sourcing plans and strategies to ensure material availability at the lowest cost.
This role requires experience working with sourcing teams, deep financial expertise & analytical skills, and the creativity necessary to navigate unprecedented supply chain conditions. Success will be measured by Form’s ability to deliver the multi-day storage capacity necessary to reduce emissions on the targeted timeline.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with commercial & supply chain teams to develop detailed material demand plans based on Form’s deployment targets and timelines. Help stand-up and manage S&OP processes to ensure material availability in line with manufacturing plans and commercial targets.
- Partner with GSM teams to identify near-term as well as longer-term risks to material availability. Proactively help develop and execute on mitigation strategies.
- Help develop and implement framework and business processes for governing purchasing terms in order to minimize working capital needs and protect Form’s interest.
- Partner with GSM teams to develop and maintain detailed material cost forecasts that incorporate latest quotes and commodity price expectations.
- Partner with Supply Chain team to assess and stand-up hedging strategies where economically sensible.
- Actively monitor and track quoted and executed costs against targets, provide insights necessary to maximize Form’s ability to achieve the projected cost-down pathway.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Accounting, and Engineering teams to identify key data integrations necessary to facilitate detailed part-level planning and accurately recognize material costs & variances.
- Identify & track against key KPIs to measure financial performance and operational resilience of Form’s supply chain strategies.
What You'll Bring:
- 7-10 years of experience in finance, 5+ years in scaled hardware manufacturing environment, preferably with some experience with start-up production as well.
- Deep passion and commitment for tackling climate change.
- Demonstrated skill in partnering across teams. Ability to distill large amounts of data into insights necessary to drive decision making.
- Comfort with uncertainty, desire to do what it takes to enable supply chain teams, and creativity amidst challenges.
- Expert-level Excel skills, and preferably experience with Oracle.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.