We're looking for a multidisciplinary software and algorithms engineer who can draw from academic literature, practical engineering tools, and domain-specific data and models to design, analyze, and improve control algorithms in battery management.
Zitara's software spans cutting-edge battery science, high-performance data infrastructure, complex modeling and learning systems, and safety-critical onboard firmware. We're looking for a software engineer who can work across these areas of expertise to build the algorithms behind our core.
In this role, you will work closely with our battery scientists and controls engineers to scale up our simulation and prediction software. You will also have the opportunity to work with our embedded team to adapt the algorithms you design for running in real-time battery management systems.
- Work with our battery scientists and controls engineers to identify and implement improvements in our simulation and signal processing algorithms
- Write robust, well-tested signal processing, simulation, and optimization software in Python
- Work with product and project management to scope and plan around development initiatives, and connect results to our customer-facing feature roadmap
- Collaborate with embedded developers to design and test resource constrained implementations of your algorithms
- BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science, Chemistry / Chemical Engineering, Physics or other related engineering discipline.
- Experience modeling and simulating dynamical systems
- Experience with writing efficient numerical algorithms (optimization, controls, simulation, or similar).
- 3-5 years experience writing production quality Python.
- Basic software development workflow processes with git
- Clear and effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning more about batteries and battery management systems
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with Kalman filtering
- Experience with statistical analysis and knowledge of statistical methods
- Experience writing production quality C / C++.
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working from our office in San Francisco, CA or remotely.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth.