Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS collaborates with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with groundbreaking new high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. Our mission is to deploy these power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. To that end, CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To implement this plan, we are looking to add dedicated people to the team who treat people well, improve our work by adding multifaceted perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have achieved outstanding results through a range of pursuits, and have skills and experience related to this role.
CFS is seeking an experienced NDT Technician to conduct inspection and test activities for SPARC project. You will perform daily inspections on weldments, and soldered structures to support manufacturing operations.
This team member will:
- Carry out in-process inspection of weldments and soldered structures using Radiography (Gamma and X-ray), Visual, and Liquid Penetrant. Testing to internal and industry specifications (AWS D1.1, ASME V).
- Prepare and document detailed inspection reports and nonconformances as needed.
- Analyze and interpret Inspection and NDT requirements related to austenitic steels, copper, titanium, and other alloys.
- Review and approve inspection and material test reports from vendors.
- Support ISO 9001:2015 activities on the shopfloor.
- Reviews blueprints and documentation to ensure appropriate materials are used and specifications are followed.
- Interface with Technicians on issues related to quality and help them in understanding and interpreting quality specifications and technical drawings.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- High School Diploma
- NDT Level II Certification (RT, PT).
- 40 hour radiation safety training.
- Radiation safety card holder.
- 5+ years of experience in inspecting welds, and braze and solder components.
Additional preferred experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience in Aerospace, Power, and/or petrochemical.
- Additional NDT Certifications preferred but not necessary.
- Experience using digital x-ray equipment and software (CR, DR).
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Perform activities such as stooping, climbing, typing, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Dedication to safety to mitigate hazards that may include heat, cold, noise, and strong magnets
- Willingness to travel or work required nights/weekends/on-call occasionally
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.