Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a mechanical engineer to join Form Energy’s Anode Development Team, designing and developing a critical component of Form Energy’s multi-day storage system. Your focus will be to develop Form’s next generation iron metal anodes through innovative material and mechanical designs, leading to step-wise improvements in efficiency and durability with reduced cost. You will lead the prototyping activity, working cross-organizationally with modeling engineers, mechanical engineers, material scientists, and process engineers. The role will be heavily hands-on with agile and flexible method developments on electrode fabrications, as well as managing relationships with external contractors. This is an opportunity to have a direct and daily impact in an exciting energy technology startup.
What You'll Do:
- Execute novel electrode prototyping and testing according to the project plans
- Develop physical anode prototypes with hands-on machining tools and other rapid prototyping tools
- Evaluate the performance prototypes using custom designed test apparatus and electronic test equipment (e.g. battery cyclers, potentiostats)
- Contribute in root cause analysis to identify and understand anode performance bottlenecks, propose performance improvement levers
- Collaborate with other teams within Form on cell designs and product feasibility of the anode electrodes
- Understand the battery testing data and the experimental protocols and utilize them for anode design improvements
What You'll Bring:
- 1+ years experience designing and testing electrodes for electrochemical systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Electrochemistry, Chemistry, Material science, or a related field
- CAD design experience
- Good communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization, including with remote team members
- Enjoys hands-on lab work such as machining and lab equipment setups
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.