One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is 1st September 2022.
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world. One Tree Planted is looking to hire an Event Coordinator to coordinate employee engagement and community events throughout APAC and support the Australia team with additional programmatic and administrative duties
- Reports to our Director of Projects: Asia Pacific
- Work directly with corporate donors to coordinate tree planting and restoration events in Australia, New Zealand and Asia in order for them to achieve their corporate social responsibility goals.
- Coordinate community events in Australia, New Zealand and Asia for our three yearly community initiatives: Earth Month (April), World Environment Day (June) and Plant a Tree Day (September).
- Maintain relationships with our existing planting partners in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, and build new planting partner relationships where needed to expand our growing database.
- Execute all back-end tasks required for our events to run smoothly such as agreements, payments, data entry, follow-up forms, ordering merchandise and any other tasks that might be event-specific.
Provide support for improving processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and manage organizational risks.
Community Forestry Support: 20%
- The Event Coordinator will be a part of the Projects - Asia Pacific team and will also collaborate with our growing Community Forestry team based in North America. The latter includes both one-day employee engagement events and community-based initiatives as well as larger-scale and longer-term Urban Forestry projects. As such, this position will also remain flexible in providing as-needed support for urban forestry projects, or other administrative and programmatic tasks.
- Provide guidance on the vetting of urban forestry project proposals.
- Bachelors/Masters degree (if applicable) or 3 years of work experience
The ideal candidate would be based out of Sydney, Australia however, applications will be considered from all geographic areas in Australia.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to collaborate with colleagues in Eastern Standard Time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, hard working and highly organized
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Proficient with Google Suite, and knowledgeable of platforms such as Salesforce, Airtable, ClickUp, Zoom, and Canva is a plus.
- Flexible under pressure and in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to work independently in a remote office setting while contributing as part of a team balancing multiple priorities.
- Collegial personality and team player
- Ideal location: Sydney, Australia with ability to work remotely
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: Typical starting range is $50,000 - $60,000 AUD which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
Competitive PTO Plan
- Yearly bonus
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- A cover letter, indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization
- Your resume
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.