One Tree Planted is a US-based non-profit that plants trees around the world to help combat climate change, conserve biodiversity, restore landscapes, and strengthen communities. We act as a catalyst and conduit for individuals and businesses to help reduce their carbon footprint and meet their corporate social responsibility objectives.
One Tree Planted is looking for a number of dynamic individuals to add value to our fast-growing team in unique internships. We have many needs for several talented students who are looking to apply their interest, passion, and skills to advance our global conservation and restoration agenda.
The internship is an unpaid assignment of several months’ duration and there are multiple project opportunities to choose from.
INTERN PROJECTS INCLUDE
- Conducting research and gathering information on a variety of topics to support our various program areas:
Projects, Marketing, and Communications, Operations, Fundraising, Customer Service, Schools and Education.
- Supporting programs and team members with special projects such as:
- Social media engagement
- Visual content creation
- Compiling case studies
- Drafting project summaries
- Keyword optimization
- Reaching out to potential reforestation partners
- Data management
- Calculating carbon estimates for various forest types in different countries and regions using the Winrock tool
- Geospatial data management for restoration sites
- Satellite imagery change detection and monitoring
- Project reports to donors
- Donor research and managing list in iWave and Salesforce
- Creating a portfolio of potential business sponsors
- Organizing electronic files in Google Drive
- Answer incoming calls, emails, and chats
- Creating donation certificates for donors
- Lesson plan and activity creation
- School research and outreach to PTA/PTO groups
- Outreach to University clubs and organizations
- Undergraduate student majoring in marketing, environmental studies or sciences, communiciations, GIS, or another major of interest.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of platforms such as Airtable, Salesforce or other CRMs, Canva is a plus
- Flexible under pressure and resourceful. Must be able to work independently and excel as part of a team balancing multiple priorities.
- Have good time-management and self-management skills, are able to take direction, work independently and collaboratively to develop goals to support One Tree Planted
- Collegial personality and team player
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization
Your resume and college course details
Only candidates that submit all requirements will be considered.
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.