PROJECT MANAGER (INDONESIA)
One Tree Planted is looking to hire a Project Manager to oversee our reforestation projects and partnerships in Indonesia.
One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
We are looking for a dynamic individual to add to our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate would be based in Indonesia (flexible location), have a Bachelor's degree, 3-5 years of relevant experience, and be a self-starter. You would be supporting our Asia Pacific projects team as well as our Global Project Management Team by vetting and overseeing our projects and partnerships in the region from start to finish.
- Seek out new tree planting partners and projects (reforestation and agroforestry) throughout Indonesia;
- Grow the capacity of existing partnerships and projects to scale up One Tree Planted’s impact in the region;
- Source and develop reforestation/carbon projects for major donors that meet their specific sustainability objectives;
- Visit project sites in person to assess progress, provide support/advice, and obtain media content;
- Review and vet incoming project proposals, including project design, budget, timeline, projected impacts, carbon sequestration and monitoring protocols;
- Monitor progress with frequent check-ins with planting partners via phone, Zoom, and email;
- Prepare agreements and keep records up to date on all required platforms;
- Ensure payments are delivered according to schedule;
- Manage digital reporting platforms for major donors and ensure reports are delivered at a consistently high standard;
- Communicate project details to the broader team for fundraising and storytelling purposes;
- Communicate with current and prospective donors about projects and their impacts;
- Collaborate with communications and video production team on marketing and reporting materials;
- Translate project information and additional documents as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree (required); Master of Science in Forestry, Forest Science, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with reforestation or environmental/sustainability projects
- Familiarity with tree species and planting methodologies commonly used for reforestation, agroforestry and mangrove projects across Indonesia
- Familiarity with Indonesian environmental policy and public funding mechanisms for reforestation
- Experience with carbon projects (e.g. project development, project registration, monitoring and reporting under a Global Carbon Standard) would be a big asset
- Ability to work remotely and manage a flexible schedule with frequent international calls
- Excited to speak to lots of different people every day, from Fortune 500 companies to small community groups
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of platforms such as Airtable, Salesforce or other CRMs is an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesian, any additional languages/dialects a bonus
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Collegial personality and team player
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and creatively address challenges
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.