One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is Immediately.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be based in Africa, preferably in Rwanda, have a Bachelor's degree, 3-5 years of relevant experience, and be a self-starter. You will be working with our Africa Regional Director, supporting TerraFund for AFR100 by vetting and overseeing our projects and partnerships in the region from start to finish.
Reports to Regional Project Director: Rwanda
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Manage a portfolio of projects across the region, ensuring projects are completed on schedule and to the highest level of quality
- Grow the capacity of existing partnerships and projects to scale up One Tree Planted’s impact in the region
- Provide support to planting partners on our systems and tools, as well as providing guidance on monitoring and reporting standards, including delineation of site boundaries
- Monitor progress with frequent check-ins with planting partners via phone, Zoom, and email;
- Conduct frequent field visits to project sites to check-in on progress and learn about scaling opportunities with partners (~20%)
- Seek out new planting partners and projects throughout the region, with a particular focus on Africa;
- Review and vet incoming project proposals, including project design, budget, timeline, projected impacts, carbon sequestration, and monitoring protocols
- Prepare agreements and file on all required platforms; ensure payments and reports are delivered according to schedule
- Communicate project details to the broader team for fundraising and storytelling purposes;
- Serve as a key point of contact for enquiries in the region
- Communicate with current and prospective donors about projects and their impacts
- Source / develop reforestation projects or portfolios for major donors that meet their specific sustainability objectives
- Support with reporting and account management for a portfolio of major donor accounts
- Bachelor's Degree (required), Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (which could include project management, account management, environmental sciences, sustainability)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Based in Western Africa (with a preference for Rwanda), or willing to relocate
- Experience with GIS (familiar with the difference between shapefile, KML, GPS, and knows how to view a file using esri software, QGIS, Google Earth, etc.) (preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in the environment/sustainability. Experience with reforestation, community development, and/or carbon projects preferred
- Ability to work remotely and manage a flexible schedule with frequent international calls;
- Ability to travel to the field at least 20% of the time
- Excited to speak to lots of different people every day, from Fortune 500 companies to small community groups
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of platforms such as Airtable, Salesforce or other CRMs is an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Collegial personality and team player
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: typical starting range is [59,509,755 - 65,000,000 Rwandan Francs]which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Monthly Health and Wellness stipend
- Yearly bonus
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization
- Your full curriculum vitae
- The names, titles, addresses, e-mails, and telephone numbers of three references
Only candidates that submit all requirements will be considered.
One Tree Planted is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.