is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
About the Role
- BlocPower is looking for a motivated, experienced, and kind executive who will bring an entrepreneurial spirit to this role and be able to push through complicated and complex challenges to deliver scalable solutions and lower risk.
- As BlocPower’s Chief of Project Operations, you will lead our nationwide efforts to safely, competitively, and efficiently complete building projects.
- You are accountable and can hold others accountable, technically proficient in all aspects of the business, including project finance, enterprise software, construction, workforce development, related regulatory/legal requirements, and possess sound business judgment. You should have experience building and scaling operations in fast-growing organizations. You are data-driven and process-oriented, able to wear different hats as the state of the business evolves. You are a model and a leader of people and teams.
What You'll Do
- Overview: Own Project Operations and Construction functions and provide visibility into risks and opportunities to drive project completions and cost savings
- Build, train, and develop your team within one year and ensure that 100% of direct reports are A players
- Supervise and train construction management, project management, and operations associates across BlocPower nationally
- Ensure seamless communication and clearly defined teamwork across sales, finance, construction, customer success teams at BlocPower, by joining daily and weekly project scrums to coordinate cross functional communication.
- Uphold the effectiveness, efficiency, profitability and values of BP by leading clean energy project operations
- Implement cross-functional standard operating procedures (SOP), including tools integration and execution, within 180 days
- Deliver cycle time improvements of 25% within 180 days
- Operationalize BuildingBlok construction design and construction management innovations and insights into core processes, including Augmented Reality mapping and design
- Deliver comprehensive cost and time-tracking at project-level within 180 days
- Own and Execute on relationships with strategic partners, including major OEMs such as Trane / Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, Daikin, and others
- Deliver on-time, on-budget building project completions and project management projections within 180 days
- Take responsibility for the full slate of BP project types: Electrification, WIFI, and WFD projects
- Be accountable for post-construction quality and Customer Success and deliver Day 1 and Year 1 NPS of 50+
- Move construction processes to GANTT charts or other transparent project management system in 90 days.
Who You Are
- Leader with a demonstrable track record of Ownership, operating as a Manager/Doer.
- Excellent, patient, calm, communicator
- Experience and enthusiasm for hiring, training, and developing A Players on your team
- 10+ years experience in Climate tech, corporate/startup operations that have operations in the physical world, and/or built environment (e.g. construction), or some combination of the above
- Possess technical and innovative vision, while being an analytical and data driven operator
What You’ll Get from Us
- Compensation: Base salary of $180,000 - $200,000
- Equity in a growing, Series A company
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Benefits, OneMedical membership (where available), Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave
- MBA or advanced technical degree, or equivalent. We value relevant experience more than degrees.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.