is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
About the Role
- BlocPower is looking for a motivated, experienced, and kind-hearted finance/accounting professional to spearhead fiscal oversight and revenue capture from BlocPower’s $100+ million workforce development contract. This individual will be responsible for maintaining clear oversight and planning for BocPower’s cash flow related to the program, for managing invoices to and from BlocPower related to the program, and for general program financial reporting to municipal agencies, BlocPower’s executive leadership, and board.
What You'll Do
- Own and manage finance and accounting for the whole program
- Manage day-to-day financial operations and be responsible for owning OKRs and KPIs
- Maintain excellent documentation for all transactions
- Provide periodic internal and external reporting, budgeting & forecasting
- Ensure timely collection of receivable and payments of payables
Who You Are
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing budgets and financial operations for large government contracts (federal, state, city level)
- Proven ability to streamline and improve processes
- Desire and skill in presenting narrative behind the numbers internally and to our client, NYC
- Mission driven to make positive change in how our world works
- Expertise in effectively managing remote and dispersed teams
- Strong understanding of GAAP methodologies and general accounting frameworks
- 5+ years of government financial operations experience
- Payroll experience, especially online tools; understanding of withholdings and benefits
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with NYC government contracting and procurement
- Extra points for those with finance experience working with: NYC Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice, Mayor’s Office of Contract Services, NYC Health and Human Services Portal (HHS), NYC PASSPort Portal
- MBA, CPA, CFA or advanced financial degree
- Fluency with Xero, QuickBooks, or other accounting software
- Fluency with Google Sheets/Excel
- Flexibility to assist with additional regions and train similar roles over time
What You’ll Get from Us
- Competitive Base Salary
- Equity in a growing, Series A company
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Benefits, OneMedical membership, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.