is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of existing utility sales opportunities and drive them to close
- Cultivate strong relationships with utilities and prospective clients to help grow BlocPower’s business
- Develop strategic partnerships with implementers and incumbents to selectively co-respond to proposals
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to plan, develop, organize, write and edit responses to RFPs.
- Track and source new opportunities through multiple relationships, systems and tools
- Work with the enterprise, new markets, and finance teams on program design and development
- Drive engagements with external consultants to develop strong utility pitches and engage in relevant regulatory and policy issues
Who You Are
- 7+ years of industry experience working with or for utility companies
- Proven track record of successfully closing complex sales over long cycles
- Demonstrated grant project management skills, including managing cross-cutting teams to deliver winning applications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to quickly learn, understand complex topics, and deliver in a fast-paced environment
What You'll Get from Us
- Competitive Compensation
- Equity in a growing, Series A company
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Benefits, OneMedical membership, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave
- Existing relationships with utility stakeholders involved in building electrification planning
- Master’s or other advanced degree in applicable field
- Management experience
- Demonstrated engagement with local communities and climate / environmental justice
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.