is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.BlocPower works at the nexus of electrification, energy, environmental justice with a focus on electrifying residential and small commercial buildings. Completing these projects is key to our mission and this role and we would love to have a like-minded overachiever join the company! The Project Manager will work directly with the BlocPower business development, construction and engineering team to manage installation and commissioning of building energy retrofits, keeping stakeholders apprised of scope, budget, and schedule status. The ideal candidate has professional experience in buildings and construction, and is excited to work collaboratively with teams on complex energy projects.
- Owning post-sale project management through construction
- Site travel to buildings in and around NYC to assess feasibility of solutions and manage contractors
- Ensuring projects delivered on-time and on-budget
- Interfacing with BlocPower customers and external stakeholders on project progress
- Evaluating and finding ways to streamline and improve project process, reduce time, and improve contractor relationships
- Ensure process results in delighted long-term, reference-able customers
- Participate and contribute to cross-departmental operations, engineering and sales meetings
- Participate in certain business development pre-sale activities
- Help document and prepare projects for post-construction success
- Prior construction project management experience
- Prior work experience in building or construction in/surrounding NYC
- Familiarity with NY DOB and permitting processes
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders clearly and consistently
- Interdisciplinary understanding of electrification, incentives and building decarbonization, particularly in New York and potentially other Northeastern markets
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
- Willingness to learn, roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business/economics or related disciplines with focus in energy/environment, or in environmental policy/science
Compensation and Benefits
- Targeted salary: $80-90k, commensurate with experience and certifications
- Medical, dental, and vision insuranceLong-term disability insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Maternity and paternity leave benefits per NYC law
- Commuter and bike to work benefits
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.