is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
About the Role
- To further this mission, BlocPower is looking for a friendly and collaborative Full-Stack Software Developer to join our growing team. This developer will be responsible for scaling the applications and platform that help BlocPower achieve its mission. You should have a depth of experience coding apps on the front-end and the API services that power them.
- You should be someone who sees themselves adding to as much as benefitting from a supportive team environment. This Sr Full-Stack Software Developer will help make and justify technical decisions, lead project implementation, and add to the team’s atmosphere of mentorship. This may look at times like grounding our Product team’s thinking in real-world constraints, planning and writing maintainable software, and offering thoughtful feedback and support via code reviews.
- Our ideal teammate is someone who is self-directed, believes in our mission, and is an excellent written communicator.
What You'll Do
- Convert product requirements into technical ones.
- Plan the code to be written, before it’s written.
- Communicate your plans visually, verbally, and in writing.
- Write modular, maintainable code.
- Learn new tools, and teach what you know.
- Keep our data and associated architecture secure.
- Frontend web-app framework and UI/UX development experience
- Backend web-app framework development experience
- SQL query optimization (using ORMs or writing raw SQL)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Who You Are
- Education & Experience: BA/BS or equivalent combination of work experience and education preferably in degree/course work/experience in computer science, 4+ years of experience (or equivalent) as a Software Developer
What You'll Get from Us
- Base salary between $140,000 and $160,000
- Competitive equity in a growing, Series A startup
- Health, dental, vision, 401(k) benefits, plus perks like a One Medical membership and commuter benefits
- Experience with React & Django (our FE and BE frameworks)
- Experience with CI/CD and automated testing (Github Actions, Circle CI, etc)
- Experience working with IoT/Sensors
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.