is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.About the RoleBlocPower is looking for a highly motivated and customer centric team leader to develop, own, and execute the delivery of our Customer Success Program. This individual will have experience pushing through complicated and complex challenges to lower risk and deliver improved customer experiences.In this position you will leverage your background in strategy, analytics, and operations to partner with Business Development, Construction, Product, Technology, and Engineering teams to help improve our Customer Experience nationwide. You are an expert at delighting customers while developing processes and tools at scale for a fast growing organization.
What You’ll Do
- Own and develop the Customer Success function to deliver services to customers after project installation, optimize the value of their HVAC systems, and improve overall customer experience.
- Program scope includes; customer communications and messaging; customer education and training; service delivery of regular preventative maintenance services; preventing, responding to, and resolving system issues or customer questions; customer referral program; customer feedback/satisfaction/NPS; customer lifecycle management; development of key metrics/dashboard visibility of portfolio.
- Develop and execute new customer success strategies, initiatives, best practices, and activities with the goal of customer satisfaction, retention, growth, and overall relationship building and of establishing a trusted, strategic advisor relationship with customers.
- Continuously improve processes throughout each phase of the customer journey by incorporating customer feedback, surfacing roadblocks, solving problems and implementing solutions.
- Define, deploy, and manage key systems to ensure the company can operate and scale as a data-driven organization.
- Partner with internal teams including Technology, Product, Business Development, and Engineering on driving growth and addressing customer concerns quickly and decisively.
- Identify growth opportunities for the organization and opportunities for added value to customers.
- Provide regular detailed feedback and updates to internal teams regarding customer lifecycle and revenue activity, risks, and opportunities for growth.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Ownership mentality to relentlessly make measurable progress; accountable and can hold others accountable.
- Mission-driven to make positive change in how our world works: passion for sustainability and climate justice.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and people skills; comfort with speaking to diverse audiences, ranging from internal executive team to individual building owners and tenants.
- Data-driven and process-oriented with sound business judgment, a keen eye for detail, and technical and innovative vision.
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment, balancing risk taking with good judgment.
- Expertise effectively collaborating with remote teams and working closely with different teams across the organization.
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize across many different projects, activities, customers.
- Deep understanding of complex and interconnected systems thinking, with the ability to execute and implement change in rapid changing environment.
- Proficiency with customer-facing tools such as Salesforce, HubSpot, and asset based management systems.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years experience in climate tech or corporate/startup operations that have operations in the physical world and/or built environment (e.g. construction, real estate, energy markets, utilities, etc.) or some combination of the above.
- Familiarity with buildings and construction, energy systems and landscape.
- Successful track record as Manager/Doer in a Customer Success, Sales, Account Management, Marketing & Communications, or other customer-facing function.
- Experience building and scaling operations in fast-growing organizations.
- Demonstrable track record as a leader of teams and people
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of energy landscape and policy in NY/CA.
- Experience with product development as it pertains to customer advocacy and delivering physical services.
- Experience working with IoT/sensors.
- MBA or advanced technical degree.
What You’ll Get from Us
- Compensation: Base salary of $95,000 - $115,000.
- Equity in a growing, Series B company.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Benefits, OneMedical membership, Unlimited PTO
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.