Who is Optera?
We build software to help the world’s largest companies stop climate change. Our market-leading products provide companies with the tools and insight they need to reduce the environmental impacts of their businesses, supply chains, and products. We are backed by some of the most respected US-based venture capital firms and have a robust client list, including leading Fortune 500 companies such as Dell, Cisco, HPE, Williams-Sonoma, and Target.
What problem are we solving?
In short, Optera is the data solution to stop climate change. Major corporations are the largest source of carbon emissions. Across the globe, companies are responding to pressure to address climate change by setting goals to aggressively reduce emissions by 2050. Our software enables corporate teams to collect, manage, and analyze emissions data across their operations, supply chain, and products, all with the aim of achieving their goals and halting Climate Change.
Why work at Optera?
Our team dedicates our skills, talents, and time to make the world a more sustainable place for future generations. We have a collaborative and dynamic culture where everyone plays a critical role and has room to learn and grow. Balance between work and life is key to our success, and we provide our teammates the flexibility, space, and support to thrive personally and professionally.
Why this opportunity?
Optera is growing faster than ever and we are rapidly expanding our market leading product and services. We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join the Operations team in supporting existing and new employees, playing an important role in building a strong and scalable foundation that will enable the Optera team to thrive. Join us on our journey to deliver the best sustainability management software in the world.
The role and responsibilities
- Manage the administration of the employee HR lifecycle from onboarding through to offboarding.
- Facilitate the new hire onboarding experience, including employment paperwork, orientation, benefits, etc.
- Assist departments in attracting future team members through posting job descriptions, collaborating with partners, attending events, and recruiting candidates.
- Serve as the first point of contact to employees for benefits; answering questions, processing enrollments and changes, etc.
- Participate in candidate interviews; help guide interview teams in making sound, unbiased hiring decisions.
- Ensure all employee documentation is up to date and that Optera complies with federal and local employment laws.
- Support the People Operations team in collecting feedback on the onboarding, hiring, and employee experiences, analyzing for key trends, and making recommendations for high impact improvements.
- Research, learn, and share best practices and ideas for improvement, for the People Operations team or Optera as a whole, with a focus on continuously strengthening our JEDI principles (justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion).
- Partner with People Operations Manager and VP of Operations, as well as other team members, on special projects and other tasks as needed.
- Dedication to building and maintaining a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment.
- Commitment to incorporating JEDI principles (justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion) into all aspects of your work.
- High level of discretion and sensitivity when handling confidential information.
- Clear communicator who is adept at connecting with colleagues of all levels.
- A love of learning and interest in implementing innovative ideas to support People Operations.
- Commitment to upholding strong values and principles in the workplace.
- Prior experience in a human resource related role.
- Understanding of human resource compliance and best practices.
- Experience onboarding employees and creating a welcoming and productive orientation experience.
- Benefit management experience, working externally with providers and explaining options internally to team members.
Nice to have
- Experience as an administrator on Paycor or another HCM platform.
- Involvement at a software and/or high-growth startup.
- Interest in sustainability and being part of the climate change solution.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Optera is committed to creating a diverse environment that is safe and welcoming to all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We take this very seriously and expect that you do too.
- Unrestricted PTO and flexible work schedule
- Recharge Fridays: Every other Friday off
- Health insurance including dental and vision
- Short and Long term Disability Insurance
- 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave (8 weeks paid)
- Wellness budget
- Budget for home/office workstation
- Professional development budget
- 401k with 3% company match and ESG investment options
- Company-wide Bonus program
- Colorado Eco-pass (regional bus pass)
- Team happy hours, hikes/bike rides, and ping-pong
Location: Boulder, CO preferred; US remote possible
Base Salary: $55,000 - $75,000 plus bonus
How to Apply
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “People Operations Coordinator – [Your Name].”