About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
Aurora is looking for mindful and strategic product managers who have a passion for delivering simple, useful, and delightful solutions to complex problems.
We’re looking for customer-obsessed product people who are dedicated to bringing the voice of our customers to every table and empowering our organization to solve the most important obstacles for our customers.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the core solar project systems team, focusing on the key user systems that support each solar project as it moves through our software
- Prioritize solving problems that add customer value and deliver business results to our largest customers
- Originate, collect, and synthesize product ideas from customers
- Validate opportunities and mitigate risks upfront through qualitative and quantitative research
- Deliver the best solutions to customer problems using agile and lean product strategies and techniques
- Partner with engineering to define the scope, requirements, and timeline for deliverables
- Work collaboratively within your product pod and with other pods to deliver valuable and delightful user experiences
- Evangelize customer needs, problems, and feedback throughout the organization
- Develop metrics, systems, and processes to measure the effectiveness of the experiences and outcomes and continue to iterate until goals are met
What we value:
- 3-5 years of product management focused on web products (B2B SaaS preferred, or a mix of B2B and B2C) with a strong foundation of product-building skills across engineering, design, strategy, analytics, and user research.
- Have led major projects from start to finish (soup to nuts), including measuring impact and iteration. Possess strong prioritization skills and stakeholder management. Able to articulate priorities among a mix of projects.
- Big thinker: strong product vision, customer advocacy, with the ability to tie your work back to the business strategy.
- Proven director: able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone and influence company management
- Outcome-oriented: articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it; proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations
- Rigorous: asks hard questions, validates their assumptions, and guides the way to achieving goals
- Analytical and technical: experienced in highly-matrixed product development, effective at finding critical points of leverage to measure
- Excellent communicator
- Passionate about creating quality customer experiences
- Bonus: Technical degree or background
- Bonus: Design background or proficiency
- Bonus: MBA or relevant business-wide experience
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.