LevelTen Energy’s mission is to accelerate the energy transition by facilitating frictionless transactions. As the leading provider of renewable transaction infrastructure, we deliver the cloud-based software, centralized supply, automated analytics, and transaction expertise required to power the renewable energy economy. The LevelTen Platform is the world’s largest online hub for renewable energy buyers, sellers, advisors, asset owners and financiers, and delivers the online tools and expertise they need to buy, sell and finance assets quickly.
You will be working with a team of world class engineers to build large scale data pipelines using modern technology stack. You will have the opportunity to explore and innovate using cutting edge technologies. This is a unique, high impact opportunity with direct influence into the LevelTen Energy’s Data Services team. Come join us.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and write scalable systems for analyzing both planned and operating renewable energy projects (primarily utility scale Wind, Solar and Storage)
- Wrangle large global datasets covering historical and forecast data for markets, weather and equipment
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work closely with energy analysts and product management to understand requirements
- Work with other engineering leads across squads to impact our entire software platform
- Incorporate secure coding practices into development lifecycle and work closely with our security and operations team to deliver high quality and secure code to production
- Experience in programming language: Python (preferred)
- Experience with Cloud: Google (preferred)
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets: Google DataFlow (preferred), Apache Beam (preferred)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow/Composer, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL databases: like Postgres or mySQL.
- Experience performing troubleshooting/root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience with writing and supporting HTTP APIs
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering documentation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to message complex issues to a diverse audience.
- This full-time position is preferably based in LevelTen Energy’s Seattle office, though other locations could be considered depending on circumstances.
- The estimated compensation for this position is $140,000 - $190,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual bonus and an equity grant.
Benefits / Perks:
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- 11 paid company holidays
- Hybrid in-office/work from home schedule
In the Seattle office:
- Awesome location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos
- Casual dress code
- Onsite bike lockers/storage, gym and showers
- Standing desk options
- Monthly company-sponsored happy hours
About LevelTen Energy:
LevelTen Energy is the leading provider of transaction infrastructure for the renewable energy economy. Our platform delivers buyers, sellers, advisors, and financiers the automation software, data management, and standardized contracts needed to facilitate faster, safer renewable energy transactions. LevelTen’s marketplace of renewable energy power purchase agreements is the world’s largest, with more than 4,000 offers spanning 21 countries in North America and Europe. LevelTen’s CFO-Ready Analytics automatically calculates more than a billion data points every day, providing our partners with leading-edge, real-time risk and value insights at modern market scale. Together, LevelTen and our partners share #OneGoal to accelerate the clean energy transition. Visit us at LevelTenEnergy.com to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
LevelTen Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.