At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on! We are looking for a Passenger Services + Turnaround & Maintenance Operations IPT (Integrated Product Team) Leader to join our team. The goal of an IPT Leader at Wisk is to provide oversight, direction and management of the team’s strategic vision, plan, and execution. You will be part of the program management team that is leading the execution of the Gen6 program to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.The goal of the Passenger Services IPT is to create the systems and processes needed to operate a highly available, efficient, and profitable air-taxi fleet. The goal of the IPT is creating a safe, enjoyable, and affordable service for our future passengers.The Turnaround & Maintenance Op IPT is responsible for imagining, designing, building, testing, and implementing all systems needed for Wisk to provide maintenance and turnaround operations as a Part 135 Air Carrier. The goal of the IPT is creating the systems and processes needed to operate a highly available, efficient, and profitable air-taxi fleet.
What you will do:
- You will work closely with all interfacing IPTs including Aircraft, Remote Supervision Segment, and Operations. You will propose new ideas, build consensus for their implementation, and execute the approved plans.
- Provide project-specific cross-functional leadership with responsibility for planning, monitoring, controlling, and reporting on all your team’s activities.
- Ensure your team's objectives are achieved within the scope, schedule, and budget allocation while remaining consistent with quality and technical standards.
- Utilize your technical and business acumen to drive program & technical decisions and set objectives to meet the program schedule.
- Be responsible for planning and coordinating the resources required to execute the program.
- Utilize proven methods to monitor adherence to schedule and budget, manage risk, plan and verify product technical maturity, and ensure the team’s technical delivery across all their products is at the highest standards.
- Lead your IPT’s technical development efforts related to architecture, design, development, prototyping, integration, test, validation, performance, certification, and production
- Engage with other IPT Leads, Chief Engineers, Functional Managers, Program Office, and Company Leadership to ensure successful program planning and execution
- Support overall Program success by defining schedule and providing inputs to the program’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and maintaining timely and effective change management of the schedule
- Monitor technical maturity and ensure that issues impacting progression are addressed immediately and corrective actions and recovery plans are implemented expeditiously
- Plan and coordinate activities to support formal validation and verification, including any and all test activities
- Implement and follow Risk management activities to manage program technical, schedule, and cost risk
- Coordinate the engineering review, approval, and release processes of all key deliverables
- Support multidisciplinary program reviews and presentations throughout the different phases of development, certification, and production readiness with internal and external stakeholders
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other relevant STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in leading cross functional teams in developing products or services
- Experience as either a project manager, program manager, product manager, or team manager.
- Experience developing aircraft maintenance systems and/or developing the customer experience elements of products or services and/or experience managing an aircraft maintenance or turnaround operation.
- Demonstrated engineering analytical and technical skills with experience delivering integrated technical solutions.
- Experience as central communicator / integrator and soft skills to work across the whole organization
Additional experiences desired (not all required)
- 10+ years of experience working in customer, operations, or airline service delivery roles.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Business Acumen. Ability to guide a team on creation of decision models and business cases.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical teams from the R&D stage to product delivery and in-service support, preferably with civil-certified aircraft or airline operations
- Developed complex systems using System Engineering processes including architecture development, systems integration, requirements development, validation, verification, and process control
- Demonstrated experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) or other process modeling methodologies, including use case development, activity diagrams, and logical architecture
- Stakeholder management and requirements gathering
- Experience leading trade studies.
- Experience creating presentations and presenting to executives.
- Experience performing cost and schedule management
- Experience with risk, issues, and/or opportunity management
- Expertise in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, or equivalent
- Experience building a complex plan from a blank sheet. Getting buy-in + commitment, holding people accountable and removing impediments.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills who’s never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges, take commitments, and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- Strong decision-making abilities while meeting tight deadlines
- Effective at managing a wide range of tasks and rapidly changing priorities
- Can remain cool under pressure.
- A leader who is flexible and deals with conflict well.
- Good at influence without authority.
- Strong negotiator and facilitator consistently creating win-win outcomes.
- Creative and enjoys proposing new solutions (technical and business)
- Works well with all types of people. Values diversity of thought, ideas, and opinions. Considers contrary opinions as valuable information to utilize in finding the best path forward.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.