Do well by doing good.
Ready for a challenge?
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our tools. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out coverage on us in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Currently we are ~100 employees and growing rapidly.
We are located in Boston Financial District and are working in an Hybrid work set up: 3 days in office, 2 days remote. #hybrid
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
Vice President Finance & Operations
With development of a new product for our marketplace this year, the continued growth of our other products, ~40% growth in our team in the past year, and an eye toward global expansion, it is time to mature our operational leadership, strategy, and processes. In this newly created position, the VP Finance & Operations will be responsible for directing, managing and evolving the core operational functions and processes at the foundation of our business.
Especially important to the VP Finance & Operations leader is strong finance and accounting experience balanced with solid operations experience, including regulatory and HR, legal, execution of cross- functional projects, and general operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Finance & Accounting team
- Develop, establish, and manage the execution of operations budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Work with CEO and senior leaders to establish KPIs and ensure that P&L targets are appropriately set and achieved
- Oversee the preparation of internal and external monthly financial statements, manage annual audits, and facilitate company budget preparation
- Provide financial and accounting analysis, reporting, and advice to the Senior Team to enable decision making
- Lead the development and execution of financial and accounting processes and controls devised to mitigate risk and strengthen the accuracy of the company's financial results
- Drive operational cost improvements, margin enhancements and opportunities for the business
- Participate in strategic planning process, including expansion of, and development of new, products and markets
- Maintain a birds-eye view of the business, connecting the dots across the company; improve coordination and communication across functional areas
- Promote a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and data-driven mindset
- Guide and inform operations strategies and initiatives; collaborate with CEO & senior leadership and cross-functional teams to execute on the organization’s goals and objectives
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and resource utilization
- Ensure that staffing, organization, technology, resource plans, and decisions are in line with the organizations business priorities and vision
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution
- Ensure compliance with all applicable operational and employment laws, regulations, and policies
- Present relevant performance reports and metrics to senior leadership
- Oversee legal projects, including the review, negotiation, and management of contracts and agreements; managing legal documents related to the company and its employees; and managing relationships with external legal service providers
- Plan, coordinate, and execute ad-hoc, cross-functional projects
What we look for:
- ~7+ years demonstrated success in finance and operations, with 3+ years in management/leadership; formal education and/or professional certification in finance, accounting, and/or business preferred
- Energized by, and able to thrive in, a maturing start-up environment
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills
- Proven success leading large, complex projects and/or programs across teams or organizations, often working on multiple projects at the same time
- Analytical and strategic thinker—data-driven and analytical in problem solving while also understanding and considering the big picture
- A strong interest in, and sense of responsibility for, effectively scaling the business to reach its fullest potential; expertise in defining and scaling operational processes
- Comfort executing in a matrixed organization and collaborating at all levels across functions
- Experience in launching new products, and scaling for growth and profitability
- Ability to articulate complex financial and legal information in a way that is understandable and usable by multiple audiences
- Data-driven recommendations and decision making
- Ability to be process-driven and strategic, applying best practices to big picture priorities
- People management of high performing finance & accounting or operations teams
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we welcome team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
#jobopening, #hiring, #careers, #employment, #EnergySage, #hybrid, #finance