Zoox is looking for a software engineer to help build our full-stack web-based platform for rider support operations. These internal tools are critical to the roll out of our robotaxi service. They will ensure that riders have a safe and enjoyable ride experience, provide quick and efficient support when necessary, and collect feedback and metrics to improve our autonomous driving business. You will work closely with autonomous driving software engineers and vehicle engineers to design feature-rich applications and identify new opportunities for internal tools at Zoox.
- Develop intuitive user interfaces with React, HTML & CSS
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers to define and iterate on great solutions to their product needs
- Maintain high service uptime and stability as Zoox scales
- Solve complex technical challenges to deliver consistently great performance in a large and constantly evolving application
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Expert developer experience with TypeScript and Node.JS
- Well-rounded understanding of one, or more, of the following web technologies: Map technology (mapbox, etc); Communication protocols (REST / Web Sockets / Protobuf); Video / audio streaming; Test automation ; Web development frameworks and tools (Yarn, eslint, Vite, swc, esbuild)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience integrating 3rd party software solutions
- Experience with full stack build and infrastructure tools (Bazel, Docker, Terraform)
- Experience with Linux and Shell scripting
- Experience with mobility-as-a-service and/or related products
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier
of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.