Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.Our Mission
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon scienceWe are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.What We're Looking ForWe are seeking an energetic professional with deep enterprise sales experience and expertise in corporate sustainability, energy, or a related field to help grow our client base and the broader market for carbon management and removal. A combination of a business and carbon markets is a particular asset.This position will play a critical role developing Carbon Direct’s sales function across the Americas.
- Co-develop and own the territory level sales targets for Europe and the Americas with a team of sales executives across both territories
- Work as both an IC and a team manager to lead the acquisition of new sales and assist with the retention and growth of existing clients – using technical expertise, in depth knowledge of Carbon Direct’s products, and interpersonal skills to sell CD’s products and services.
- Train marketing, sales, and leadership teams on sales processes and tactics to ensure successful interactions across all prospect engagements.
- Work strategically with Carbon Direct teams to improve conversion and retention rates. Create connective tissue between the marketing, sales and account management functions
- Serve on internal technical and/or business working groups as necessary, (e.g. Environmental Justice working group)
- Help drive implementation of sales ops and GTM best-practices.
- Extensive sales experience, preferably leading a team closing complex software and services sales,and maintaining client satisfaction with complex organizations
- Background in carbon removal, corporate sustainability, energy, or a related field
- Proven track record of executing on and exceeding targets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to meet informational needs across a wide range of actors
- Creative problem solver who can structure solutions for diverse client requirements
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills to meet fast-paced deadlines
- A collaborative and results-oriented
- Passionate about climate action
- Curious and hungry to learn
Compensation: $155,000-$175,000 base + variable*range covers multiple levels, as determined throughout the course of the interview processBenefits
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here
.20 days of paid time off and 11 company-wide holidays16 weeks of paid parental and family leaveRemote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreatsReimbursement for your work-from-home setup
*These benefits apply to U.S.-based
employees only. Employees outside of the U.S. receive benefits that vary by country. To learn more, contact email@example.com
.Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.