Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emit more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
Gradient is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager. In this position, the successful candidate is responsible for implementing Gradient’s supply chain strategy along with management and oversight of short-term network-wide supply plans for our global demand. This role will also support an ERP rollout as a contributor, with possibilities to lead discrete projects within the implementation.
You should be a self-starter; who is able to work independently and be experienced in procurement, business management and project management. Must be an excellent communicator and a willing negotiator. Responsibilities will continue to grow and will provide the candidate opportunities to develop and strengthen leadership skills. This role will offer growth experiences in skill sets (leadership, analysis, Excel and PowerPoint development, presentation skills) and knowledge bases (supply chain strategy, resiliency, development of international supply chains, reverse logistics, supply planning). Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere.
Specific job responsibilities include:
Supply Chain Planning
- Responsibilities include the analysis and coordination of change activity between Product Development, Quality and Supply Chain's supply base to ensure an uninterrupted supply of parts in support of all requirements.
- Plan, prepare, issue and control proposed production schedules and coordinate changes with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Supplier Management to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials is timed to meet Manufacturing need dates.
- Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Coordinate and/or lead interdepartmental communication with engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, and supplier management to preempt schedule misalignment, business system constraints and requirement inconsistences.
Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- Develop and maintain supplier capacity modeling
- Understand demand inputs and position supply to support unconstrained growth scale in both the short-term and long-term horizons
- Manage supplier lead times and drive them to meet business requirements
- Manage supplier performance and allocation of material to demands based on priority. Drive supplier improvement initiatives to continually lower risk and reduce lead times
- Understand forecasting, demand planning, material planning, and manufacturing processes to verify supply commitments
- Manage supply buffers and allocation to shorten lead times and build resiliency into the supply chain without driving excess
- Analyze PCB industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base opportunities to minimize risk, and protect continuity of supply
- Develop and maintain inventory capacity and MRP modeling.
- Manage global inventory in compliance with GAAP and ISO requirements.
- Drive and own cycle counting, scrap, and variance in our ERP system to GAAP standards.
- Develop analytical reports to deliver information to business partners and stakeholders that support improved decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, Business, or other Supply Chain related field. Masters in Supply Chain or MBA preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience within a Supply Chain planning role such as procurement, strategic sourcing, forecasting, demand planning, capacity management, and/or optimization gained through work experience.
- At least 2 years of quantitative and qualitative data analysis experience with demonstrated impact to a business and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Experience managing personnel, timelines, and working across functions in fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of end to end Supply Chain processes and principles.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- At least 3 years of experience and 1 year of managing a team in an ISO 9001 compliant environment
- Flexibility for travel when it’s safe. Occasional heavy travel as we ramp with significantly less travel in steady state.
- 3 years of experience within a Supply Chain planning role such as forecasting, demand planning, capacity management, optimization, or logistics gained through work experience and/or graduate level education.
- APICS certification a plus (but not required)
- UL, ETL, CE regulatory knowledge a plus (but not required)
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional Development Stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.