Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an EHS Staff Scientist to further develop and manage the daily functions of the Form Energy safety program at our Somerville, MA facility. You will work with our EHS Site Team to ensure our team is operating with best safety practices and lead efforts to improve the culture of safety in the workplace in both MA locations (within 0.3 miles of each other), ultimately helping provide a great and safe place to work. You will be able to both proactively mitigate new hazards as well as be willing to roll up your sleeves to quickly respond to critical situations. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and be part of the growth of a fast-moving technology start-up with breakthrough technology and an incredible mission.
The designation of Specialist or Engineer will be evaluated on both experience and desired skills to be brought to the EHS Team.
What You'll Do:
- Direct support of chemical and battery R&D processes
- Chemical approvals and consultation of wet chemistry
- Contribute to work and program design to identify hazards, mitigate hazards and overall maximize employee comfort, safety and productivity.
- Conduct task hazard assessments and job safety analyses of new processes & materials
- Deliver, develop, and manage safety training schedules for various teams and departments
- Support Process and Product development team
- Work closely with departments to ensure EHS requirements are being addressed and met
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a EHS role with R&D wet chemistry or battery science
- EHS program management and improvement experience
- Familiar with both OSHA and MA requirements for general industry
- Direct experience with navigating regulatory LQG requirements
- Extensive knowledge of chemical interactions and hazards and wet lab safety
- DOT, RCRA and Title V experience
- Advanced degree in safety, chemistry, or engineering preferred
- CSP or CIH certification and Process Safety Experience preferred but not required
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.