The Dispatch Operations team at Voltus is looking for an Intern located in the US who is passionate about delivering MWs to the grid during dispatch events. These events are called when the grid needs Voltus to take action, and the Dispatch Operations team quickly activates our portfolio of MWs in various programs across North America.
The Dispatch Operations Intern is eager to hone their skills with driving business operations during dispatch events through learning and applying the dispatch team toolkit. This Intern will play a central role in all things related to dispatch readiness, which includes customer onboarding, program management, and dispatch systems.
In this role, you will become knowledgeable about grid operators and utilities in North America, you will interact regularly with large industrial and commercial energy users, and you will build a foundation of operations experience across diverse systems and processes. You will have the opportunity to both lead tactical responsibilities and support strategic projects, and you will be part of an exceptional team that is laser focused on combatting the climate crisis.
Primary responsibilities - support the success of dispatch events
- Dispatch Operations - We need a team player who can provide quick analysis and coaching to inbound and outbound calls during a dispatch.
- Energy Education - Become an expert on demand response programs across North America, and leverage this knowledge to support customers and internal teams during dispatches
- Team Projects - We will structure projects based on your background, education and interests. We have numerous projects related to process, strategy, and technology. You will have the opportunity to work with more senior members of the team on these projects.
Secondary responsibilities - When there are no dispatches, prepare customers to be successful in future dispatches
- Reporting - Build reports and assist with taking action on the findings of these reports. Our reporting tools include Python, Redash, SQL, Salesforce, and Google Sheets, and we are looking for candidates with experience or interest in learning these tools.
- Customer Readiness - Identify issues for post-event follow up. Assist in continuously improving dispatch process and customer readiness.
- Account Management - Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure onboarding requirements are complete prior to a customers being eligible for a market event.
- Markets - Support monitoring markets for early signs of dispatch events, and support in offering into key markets
- Bright, Gritty, and Good
- Operations-minded; you adhere to “zero defect work”
- You sweat the small stuff
- You show up ahead of time, every time
- You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do. You have a bias to action, ask questions, and learn.
- You are ambitious, resourceful, fun (!), dedicated, mission-driven and you appreciate opportunities to deliver value and accept additional responsibility
Our mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition we see happening in the world today. If you’d like to play a leading role in helping us achieve this mission, please complete the application form to let us know you are interested!
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.