Welcome to the future of energy
We are both an electricity retailer and a tech platform and we think there is no better way to address our greatest challenge, climate change, than with the combination of those two.
Through our proprietary tech platform, Kraken, we are changing the way people interact with their energy company - by making it approachable, low cost, easy-to-understand, and most importantly, 100% renewable. We’ve distinguished ourselves by being named 2020’s Energy Provider of the Year, which highlights our commitment to exceptional customer service. In many markets we are a leading employer on Glassdoor for best places to work.
Whether out of home, social media, website, radio or newspaper - the Marketing Manager
will be responsible for creating the right messages for every marketing channel. You are an idea machine from which creative ideas for content and campaigns flow, and writing and implementing them is easy and fun for you. At the same time, your analytical mindset allows you to determine KPIs and make important decisions based on them.
Alongside the Director of Marketing, you will help plan campaigns for our digital and social media channels as well as for out of home, radio, TV and print and implement them independently. You will focus on creating content for our blog, website, customer communications, social media, ads, etc. You will work closely with the team to develop new ideas and projects together. Post campaign you will be responsible for analyzing KPIs relevant to your marketing channels and derive the need for action.
What you'll need
- Understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Developed clear and engaging content consistent with customer needs and brand tone.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Experience with planning, creating, and implementing relevant content on customer facing channels
- 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Ability to quickly adapt to change. We pride ourselves on being an agile organization that is constantly changing to fit the needs of our customers.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a huge plus
There's some things you should know
- We rarely use agencies for anything. We’re a fabulous team of in-house designers, UX, writers and front enders. We do our own media buying. You could say, in fact, that we’re half agency, but we’re your most favorite client ever, the one you secretly yearned to work at.
- We’re pretty obsessive. We think about our customers a lot. We all answer emails from customers, we join in on social media, we constantly think about what makes great experiences, great stories and great reasons for people to join us.
- We’re looking for someone who’s worked their way around the marketing mix and can trot out some good metrics, but actually, what you really really know, is humans. You can put together a brand pyramid, but it makes you cry inside a little bit, because actually
Why else you'll love it here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options including FSAs.
Unlimited paid time off — we know working hard means also being able to recharge as needed, we trust our employees to get the work done and take the time they need.
401(k) plan with employer match.
Parental leave. Biological, adoptive and foster parents are all eligible.
Pre-tax commuter benefits.
Flexible working environment: you need to shift around your schedule? You do you, we genuinely believe in work/life balance.
Equity Options: every Octopus employee owns part of the business. We’re a team, working together towards huge goals. Every person is crucial to our success, you should be rewarded as such.
Modern office or co-working spaces depending on location.
Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! When on a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.