Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
Form Energy is hiring an Application Engineering Co-Op as part of our Project Engineering team. In this role, you will work closely with the commercial operations and analytics teams to provide timely and effective sales and technical support to customers and project partners. You will support market adoption of our technology in new regions and provide feedback to the product management team to inform our product compliance roadmap. You will be part of a highly collaborative and cross functional team, and have the opportunity to grow your engineering and communication skills while helping tackle climate change.
What You'll Do:
- Review project-specific requirements during the sales and project development phase and specify Form's solution to meet customer needs
- Provide pre-sale technical support for customer accounts and collaborate with commercial operations and product management teams in the preparation of proposals, RFIs, and conceptual designs
- Assist customers and project partners in site selection, front end design, construction planning, interconnection and permitting applications
- Develop deployment and operational plans to drive successful product adoption in new markets
- Participate in early project planning, especially with regards to the development of project budget, scope, and schedule
What You'll Bring:
- Familiarity with grid-scale energy storage systems, their applications, performance characteristics, and competitive landscape
- Basic working knowledge of electromechanical systems, such as power conversion technology, switchgear, transformers, meters, and other balance of plant components
- Understanding of commercial contracts, guarantees, and how proposals and proper design can address requirements
- Resourceful and collaborative team player, capable of working closely with multiple cross-functional teams, including business development, analytics, and product management
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to crisply communicate product capabilities to a diverse audience
- Pursuing degree in engineering
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.