Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for an experienced electrical technician to support the engineering development of Form Energy’s groundbreaking battery system. This role is embedded directly within the Systems product development organization and will work closely with engineers to set up, test, and troubleshoot novel circuits as part of our current collection and power conversion systems. You will have direct experience with high power electrical systems and will be ready to learn new concepts and methods and apply them in a dynamic lab environment. This role presents a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of a new product at the cutting edge of clean technology.
What You'll Do:
- Support installation and commissioning activities for the electrical controls and power labs at Form Energy’s Berkeley facility
- Perform wiring, equipment assembly, and circuit reconfiguration for specific tests
- Execute test plans to characterize the performance and functionality of power conversion systems under the direction of electrical engineers
- Support troubleshooting and failure root cause analysis as part of engineering prototyping activities
- Document observations, metrics, and results throughout testing activities
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years experience as an technician or in a hands-on technical role working with high voltage and high power equipment in a lab or field environment
- Comfortable working with power supplies, DAQs, oscilloscopes, multimeters, and electronic loads; exposure to test and data acquisition automation is a plus
- Experience with electrical tasks such as wiring, soldering, and cable assembly; conscientiousness of electrical safety
- Ability to read electrical schematics and single-line diagrams
- Experience working with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ability to contribute to updates and creation of new SOPs
- Proficiency with software productivity tools such as Slack, Confluence, and Google Workspace
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.