It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations. Perfect Day is looking for a Scientific Data Product Manager to join the Data team and perform detailed requirement analysis, coordinate project dependencies and timelines between multiple internal and external stakeholders, and document data pipelines and processes. The successful candidate will have a naturally analytical way of thinking, develop a deep understanding of Research, Product Development and Manufacturing processes, and be able to communicate complex concepts to scientific partners and data engineers.
- Drive informatics projects to enable the acquisition, storage, organization, access, and analytics of R&D and manufacturing data
- Work with the Data Engineering team and internal stakeholders to evaluate data collection processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop solutions
- Perform requirements analysis and communicate functional requirements to data engineers and software developers
- Lead reviews of Manufacturing and R&D data management processes and develop optimization strategies
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
Required Education and Experience
- BS/MS in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Computer Science or some combination
- 5+ years of experience developing requirements for solutions in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, health science, or life science R&D and/or Manufacturing
- Thorough understanding of R&D processes and the scientific data life cycle
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detailed and technically oriented
- Excellent people and communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience supporting manufacturing, laboratory, and business systems (i.e. SaaS cloud, LES, MES, PLC, SCADA, LIMS, CDAS, CDMS, SAP)
- Experience with client-server, RDMS databases (Oracle, SQL, etc.), and web applications
- Basic understanding of LIMS/ELN capabilities
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or other BI tools
- Experience working with CMO and CRO data
- Familiarity with data validation testing
Perfect Day is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!