At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Staff Electrical Engineer, Charging Infrastructure to join our team. The goal of a Staff Electrical Engineer, Charging Infrastructure at Wisk is to ensure that our aircraft and its battery system can be properly charged, including leading the design of interim charging solutions. You will be part of the Electrical Engineering team that is focused on battery systems and charging infrastructure development.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Staff Electrical Engineer, Charging Infrastructure to join our Electrical Engineering team. The goal of the Staff Electrical Engineer, Charging Infrastructure at Wisk is to define electric aircraft charging and thermal management for the next generation, and ensure Wisk’s battery systems seamlessly integrate with these designs.
What you will do:
- As part of the Electrical Engineering organization, you will act as a Staff Electrical Engineer, Charging Infrastructure for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will plan and execute charging and thermal management systems development roadmaps.
- You will collaborate with Wisk’s electrical engineering, power systems, structures, product management, and ecosystem partnerships teams to design and develop Wisk’s charging and thermal management systems.
- You will lead the generation and refinement of aircraft charging and thermal management requirements that inform aircraft and equipment design, development, and operations, and then bring them to life!
- You will actively represent Wisk’s interests in international industry working groups on electric aircraft charging and safety standards.
- You will stay up-to-date on the state-of-the-art electric aircraft technologies, standards, and regulations.
- You will help define electric aircraft charging and thermal management for the next generation!
What you have done:
- You have a BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years or MS with 6+ years of experience in related fields.
- You have hands-on experience in electrical engineering with a focus on charging and/or battery systems.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex electrical systems and their integration.
- You have hands-on experience with high voltage fast charging standards, including CCS, MCS, AS6968.
- You have designed and developed electric vehicle thermal management systems and charging heat transfer design solutions.
- You have working knowledge of electrical infrastructure regulations (e.g. IEC, NEC, UL).
- You have a working knowledge of electrical communications protocols and standards (e.g. CANbus, PLC, PWM).
- You have participated in international charging standard working groups (e.g. SAE, EUROCAE, ASTM).
- You have a working knowledge of charging technologies and R&D consortia (e.g. CharIn).
- You have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Passion for aviation and UAM/AAM!
- Pilot or drone operator license
- Interest in designing cutting-edge technologies
- Knowledge of FAA certification requirements for electrical systems
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges.
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.
- You prioritize safety.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.