At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Integrated Systems team. The goal of a Systems Engineer at Wisk is to develop operational and service systems through early and mid stage development, ensuring that our autonomous aircraft performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. You will be responsible for the functional, logical, and physical architecture development, as well as interface and requirements deliverables.
- You will develop functions, architecture, requirements, integrate between system interfaces, and improve process strategy.
- You will be responsible for delivering high quality Systems Engineering artifacts for a novel type of aircraft operation targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will support the system requirements development and validation efforts that support the Operations side of development, specifically the Ground Infrastructure IPT and Maintenance & Turnaround IPT.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the deliverables meet the technical standards established by the program.
- You will be detail and technically oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- You will exemplify the culture, mission, values, vision and quality policy of the organization, through training, technical guidance, mentorship, feedback, and coaching.
- B.S. in engineering and 2 years experience in systems engineering or certification
- Hands-on experience in development and decomposition of requirements, developing and allocating functions, and interfacing with certification and systems safety teams to deliver certification deliverables.
- Familiarity with ARP4754A, DO-160, DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4761, Part 23/25, regulations, or similar standards
- Experience in requirements management tools such as Polarion, Doors, Requiem etc.
- You are familiar with MBSE process, language (SysML, ARCADIA) and tools (CAMEO, CAPELLA, etc.) and its use in complex system development
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to shift across breadth of the program, supporting multiple Integrated Product Teams as priority requires
- Previous system development, design, manufacturing, or flight test experience
- Experience in development of one or more of the following:
- Complex, highly coupled aircraft systems,
- Charging Systems
- Ground Operations of Aircraft
- Vertiport/Airport Design
- Autonomous Systems and Interfaces
- System of System UAM Environments
- Experience with an aircraft or UAM development program from conceptual design through certification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.