Zoox is looking for an experienced leader to lead our Simulation Infrastructure teams. Simulation is key in validating our autonomous driving software -- a scalable, reliable platform supporting complex and diverse simulation-based workflows is critically important. In this highly impactful role, you will closely work with partners in many teams including the driving AI teams, safety validation, infrastructure, data science, QA teams and more. We have a strong collaborative culture where we value people first.
- Lead and grow the Simulation Infrastructure teams at Zoox, which are responsible for scenario creation and management tools, large-scale simulation workload orchestration, and data pipelines and services for integration with diverse analysis tools at Zoox.
- Lead the design and implementation of the overall roadmap to improve the scale and reliability of simulation-based workflows at Zoox.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including driving AI, safety validation, infrastructure, data science, and QA teams to identify and deliver impactful solutions.
- Define and lead processes and operations to keep the systems always working.
- Drive the efficient and effective use of the simulation infrastructure, in terms of value and impact per monetary and opportunity cost.
- 6+ years of management experience, with 2+ years managing managers and teams of 25-50+
- 10+ years of related technically demanding experience: cloud infrastructure, microservices, or data engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to scale infrastructure to meet rapidly growing demand.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead across teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong product mindset, with hands-on experience developing tools and platforms for engineers.
- Understanding of the role, applications, and challenges of simulation for autonomous driving.
- Experience in the autonomous driving industry.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier
of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.