About the role
At Weavegrid, we are working to accelerate transportation electrification and grid decarbonization. We need to enroll, retain, and shape the behavior of electric vehicle (EV) drivers in our utility clients’ programs.
You will collaborate with your engineering, design, and product peers to build features for our driver-facing application. In this role, we will ask you to:
Design and implement end-to-end features across our technology stack.
Contribute to architecture that supports SaaS-ification of our driver-facing web application, allowing for easy white-labeling and deployment to new utility customers.
Build tools that allow for the easy configuration of our white-labeled applications.
Write reusable & scalable APIs to fuel insights on our driver-facing application.
- Build out a stable and maintainable notification system that allows us to promptly inform our drivers of critical charging information.
Test your code to ensure completeness and correctness.
Wear many hats, contributing to the highest impact projects for the company at any given time.
- Mentor other engineers and help to create a helpful, trusting, high performing team culture and high quality, maintainable codebase.
- Be a technical leader for the product, taking on optional and/or future management responsibilities for a small engineering team.
- Participate in data-informed discussions to prioritize what problems we solve next and how we solve them.
- Use Kubernetes, AWS, GitHub, Jira/Confluence, CircleCI, though experience here is not necessary.
You want to apply your talents to meaningfully address climate change.
- You identify as a solid product engineer who has a passion for testing. We’d be ecstatic if you had experience as a QA or Test Engineer in a past life.
- You are excited to design a database schema that best supports your end product, learning about the real world constructs you are building your system around.
- You have years of depth in at least one part of our stack, but broad exposure to the other parts as well.
- You've helped other engineers grow and become more productive to accomplish more than you could on your own.
- You like to use different technologies to solve different types of problems and do not hold your engineering identity within one technology.
You have experience working in an object-oriented programming language - Python preferred.
You are comfortable working within a microservice based architecture and have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other microservice technologies.
You understand Agile software development, DevOps practices, and the meaning of quality assurance.
You’re excited to work from home, and are available to meet with team members during reasonable local working hours. If local to the Bay Area, you are excited about an optional office and a flexible office schedule.
- You are excited to help us build this growing company and have experience working on smaller teams or at smaller companies.
You care about user experience, the craft of software, and constant learning.
About the process
Apply, and send us your resume/CV (we’ll do our best to reply within a week)
Complete a coding assessment demonstrating your abilities as a full stack engineer OR hop on a video call and complete a similar coding problem with one of our engineers collaboratively in real time.
Interview with two small panels, spanning a variety of engineers and managers at Weavegrid.
- Interview with the CTO and Head of Engineering.
- Final interview with the CEO.