Brimstone was founded in 2019 to stop and reverse the effects of climate change through the production of carbon-neutral Portland cement and supplementary cementitious materials, regardless of the energy source. The cement/concrete industry is a $1T market responsible for 5.5% of GHG or approximately 7.5% of global CO2 emissions. This is the same amount of emissions released by the cars we drive daily. Increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere not only pose a threat to all living things on earth but have a disproportionate impact on disadvantaged communities.
Through the revolutionary work from our world-class team of scientists and engineers, we are inventing a new process to make ordinary Portland cement and supplementary cementitious materials that is carbon-negative and will be at cost-parity (preferably lower-cost). Our team has made remarkable progress over the last few years and we are looking to scale up!
We’re building an all-star team of sharp, mission-driven, collaborative individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. If you are interested in joining a team of builders, surfers, amateur chefs, podcast-junkies, bibliophiles, dog lovers, and car-campers who wake up every day excited to work on addressing climate change - we are the company for you!
Want to join us in decarbonizing cement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have a blast while doing it).You Should Join Us If You:
Are passionate and motivated about our mission to fight climate changeHave an insatiable sense of curiosity and a drive to solve problemsThrive in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment Want to work with a fun, mission-aligned, and values-oriented team
- Develop and implement Brimstone’s media engagement strategy, including: ○ building relationships with reporters covering climate, technology, construction, and other important beats; ○ regularly pitching stories to drive awareness of Brimstone’s technology, its business prospects, and its status as a leading voice and player on industrial decarbonization and low-carbon construction; ○ managing and responding to in-bound media inquiries; ○ helping to conceive and construct media “moments” and events; and ○ serving as a company spokesperson, where required.
- Prepare content (press releases, op-eds, reports, talking points, social media posts, presentations, and other collateral) for a range of audiences (media, investors, customers, policymakers, etc.) that build and amplify the company’s reputation and advance core business and policy goals.
- Lead the company’s digital and social media strategy, including refreshing website content and running social media accounts.
- Coordinate conference participation and speaking opportunities for Brimstone, including identifying, and pitching company leadership for, strategic speaking opportunities.
- Manage outside communications consultants when required for high-value communications projects.
- Work with leadership to refine key messages to advance the company’s vision, business roadmap, and policy objectives.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- A background in journalism, public relations, or a related field
- Strong judgment and ethics
- A strong commitment to confronting climate change
Salary and Benefits
- Experience with science, technology, or a technical field
- Strong design sense and skills
- Knowledge of web design or web tools
- Past experience at a start-up or in a start-up-like environment
A highly competitive salaryEquity in the companyMedical, Dental, and Vision insurance is 100% covered for employees and dependentsTherapy and Counseling costs are 100% covered A computer of your choiceUp to $10,000 of moving expenses30 days of paid vacation + all federal holidays (9 days) + all days between Christmas and New YearCommuter benefits and public transportation expenses are 100% coveredA fun, diverse, and talented team focus on making the biggest impact possible on climate changeOur Commitment to Diversity
Brimstone is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are seeking to build a unique team of individuals and create an environment where all backgrounds and experiences are valued. We credit our success to the different perspectives each team member presents and would never discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.