The Software Systems Infrastructure team is responsible for defining SW development processes and ensuring that all safety-critical software meets a high safety bar for production vehicles. In this role, you will lead the software engineering team responsible for the establishment of infrastructure and the design and development of software tools. These tools will automate, track or audit processes and methods needed to build safety-critical software. Borrowing principles from avionics, automotive, and other safety-critical industries, your team will support software- and systems engineers across the Zoox software organization, ranging from state-of-the-art AI Perception, all the way to highly-critical RTOS and middleware components.
- Lead a team of infrastructure software engineers to support our development teams to build more robust, bug free, secure and safe code.
- Mentor, attract, grow, and retain a diversity of talent, providing technical direction and career growth opportunities
- Ensure software teams have the high quality development tools they need to meet the requirements given to them by systems engineers.
- Balance the needs of many customer teams to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
- Communicate with other engineering- and technical program managers to ensure tool requirements are clear and understood.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Experience leading an 5-10+ software engineers
- Experience taking ideas from inception to delivery
- Good understanding of build systems and f
- Experience with different compiler toolchains and tools for static and dynamic analysis of large codebases.
- Experience with system design & architecture of complex software systems
- Robotics, Automotive or Aerospace software experience
- Excellent Python, modern C++ (C++11 and later) understanding.
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Familiarity with Static Analysis Tools - such as Coverity
- Familiarity with the Bazel build system
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.