Zoox is on an ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for cities. Simulation and closed course testing do a lot to verify the performance of our stack and improve the confidence of our launch readiness. They are no substitute for getting mass ground truth, real-world data on our performance. We’re seeking a lead to coordinate these mass fleet driving campaigns, analyze the findings, and push the company forward. As a Fleet Validation Lead at Zoox, you will be embedded in a multi-disciplinary team coordinating efficient fleet-based tests that support our autonomous driving safety case. You will be responsible for developing and executing validation plans for autonomous safety-critical systems. This is a highly visible role that requires you to work closely with the System Safety, Software, Legal, Public Policy, Communications, Operations, Mapping, Product, and Program Management teams. The outputs of your important work are a direct input to our launch readiness assessments.
- Design efficient test programs to achieve fleet based test coverage of requirements and scenarios
- Evaluate multiple operational design domains and perform tradeoff studies to add the company’s future geofence selection
- Lead collaboration with cross functional teams like System Safety, Software , Legal, Public Policy, Communications, Operations, Mapping, Product, and Program Management to align on fleet validation plans
- Perform fleet test data analysis and triage
- Execute the technical and logistical planning of vehicle tests including cross-functional coordination with other teams: vehicle engineering, hardware engineering, operations, software, and systems safety
- Troubleshoot and debug issues from the field, and trace failures to correct subsystems
- Define and develop automated data extraction tools to streamline analysis and reporting
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of system test engineering experience in the automobile, robotics or aerospace industry
- Demonstrated experience with and passion for cross-functional coordination and multi-stakeholder management in tackling ambiguous problems
- Proficiency with issue trackers (i.e. JIRA) and data visualization tools (i.e. Looker)
- Analytical skills and hands-on testing experience
- Cross-disciplinary background and curiosity
- Experience developing integration and test plans and procedures for safety critical robotic systems and/or autonomous vehicles
- Experience with Linux Systems
- Experience with test data analysis
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $184,000 to $231,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.Vaccine Mandate
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.