- Your mission at Climeworks is to own the prediction of mechanical reliability of novel (TRL 3 – 6) Climeworks adsorption components, from analysis of failure and mechanical degradation modes to definition of accelerated life or degradation test campaigns and interpretation of results, all with the aim to make recommendations to enhance lifetime and reliability of current and future DAC plants.
- You improve Climeworks’ ability to understand and model failure modes. You carry out measurement campaigns, recommend and lead external analyses when necessary, and recommend changes in process testing capabilities as needed to obtain better data.
- You collaborate with internal and external partners (engineers, chemists, project managers) on R&D activities as the expert in mechanical reliability and testing.
- You stay abreast of all new relevant development in the field of accelerated testing of similar components in similar fields.
- You hold a university degree, preferably at PhD level, in materials science, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline.
- You bring advanced knowledge in materials science, physics of failure or aging, and methods to accelerate failure and aging via targeted test campaigns. You have experience in and enjoy hands-on testing, analysis of failure modes, and can communicate these failure modes’ impact on future product operation.
- You have at least 5 years’ work experience in a similar role in an industrial context. Experience in design and statistical data analysis of accelerated life tests and/or accelerated degradation tests is required, as is some experience in physico-chemical characterization (e.g. SEM & optical microscopy, FTIR, XRD, uCT) of failure and aging for non-metallic components (polymers, ceramics, foams, textiles).
- You are motivated by bringing high-potential R&D concepts/prototypes to a higher degree of technical maturity quickly and well. You take ownership, prefer detail-oriented work and thrive working in an interdisciplinary team.
- You are fluent in English. German is beneficial but not required.
What we offer: A flat organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.