About the Role:
As a Fertilizer Mixer, you will be responsible for the mix of fertilizer and different products at the Irrigation Room department at our state-of-the-art facility in Somerset, KY
What You’ll Do:
- Has a primary responsibility to mix fertilizer blends and combination of a different disinfectant solution, acids, and chemicals provided by Head Grower and Growers
- Ensures all mixes are accompanied by a work order and recipe.
- Coordinates whit Shipping Department the receiving and unloading Fertilizer and materials.
- Maintain pristine conditions for all the irrigation units, Irrigation room, UV Machines, Filter Machines.
- Maintain, clean, and check on a daily all the irrigation Filters, Irrigation station, and Stock Solution Tanks
- Report to the Maintenance Department any failure and malfunctioning of the equipment
- Minimizes waste, collect Trash, and disposal according to recycling company program
- Provides advance notice to the Growers when raw material inventory levels require attention.
- Counts and records inventory as required by Head Grower.
- Loads and unloads products carefully to avoid spills.
- Works with the Maintenance Techs to maintain all equipment used in the irrigation room in good condition.
- Collect Water sample at the greenhouse and measurement Ph and Ec on a daily basis
- Keep the Irrigation Room and the related areas in pristine clean conditions
- Utilizes computer applications as necessary to enhance business processes.
- Collects and maintains water and plants samples according to guidelines on a weekly basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use Electronic weight Scales
- High School Diploma
- Hands on attitude required.
- Team building skills.
- Familiarized with Oz, Lbs., Kg, mL, Liters, Fluid Oz, terminology
- MS Office suite Intermediate level proficiency.
- Customer focus, problem solving and analytical skills highly preferred.
- Food Safety, HACCP, Basic OSHA knowledge preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work different shifts, and/or weekends.
- Ability to obtain a Pesticide Applicator License.
- Ability to drive and Obtain Forklift Certification.