Edacious is on a mission to build a new food system based on quality. To that end, we are building technology to differentiate food quality from farm to fork with the goal of nourishing people and planet. We are working to establish linkages between our agriculture system and human health. Our company consists of chemists, engineers, producers, and systems-thinkers that have come together to change the way we produce and consume food. We focus on translating the biochemical science of food into a human experience. We are a mission-driven organization and looking for someone excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for team members that are passionate about food, the food system, and human health!Lead laboratory analysis of food biochemical composition and contribute to the company’s work in creating a platform to differentiate food nutritional quality. We are looking for someone who bridges the world between analytical chemistry and food composition analysis. You will lead lab operations and work closely with the other functional groups. You ideally have experience in nutritional science as it relates to the nutrient composition of food, human and/or animal physiology, microbiology as it relates to the gut, and statistics and experimental design. Most importantly, you are mission-driven, looking to make the world a better place!
Your day to day will involve:
- Leading laboratory management & operations, data collection, and analysis including use and maintenance of the laboratory instruments (GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP, & Raman microscope).
- Method development, validation, and deployment for analysis of food elements and compounds including structure elucidation of unknown analytes through multi-platform analytic approaches.
- Prepare analysis reports on food composition analysis generated from lab equipment using analytical techniques and statistical methods.
- Development and transferring of analytical methods for new analysis technologies as well as data translation and contribution to commercialization efforts of new portable instruments.
You ideally have the following:
- PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry or nutritional science with experience analyzing vitamins, amino and organic acids, fatty acids, and/or sugars in food as it relates to human and/or animal health, OR
- Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Nutritional Biochemistry (Science) with 3 years’ experience in a research or commercial laboratory analyzing complex matrices for small molecules.
- Significant lab-based experience including familiarity with GC-MS, (HP) LC-MS, ICP, and/or Raman and corresponding analytical methods as well as proper QA/QC knowledge and practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of small molecule & food analytical techniques, procedures, and methodologies, LC-MS analysis of small molecules in food.
- Expert understanding of analytical techniques, analytical troubleshooting, method development, and lab equipment.
- Experimental design and statistical analysis knowledge as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to find, analyze, interpret, and critique data quickly and accurately, including ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to present technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Enthusiasm, gumption, and grit with experience working and managing teams.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & InclusionDiversity is the foundation of life and has created this beautiful world we live in. Just as nature has shown us the importance of diversity in biology, it is critical to build this diversity into our social structures. To the extent that we can build communities and teams that work in symbiotic and constructive ways, contributing to greater levels of productivity and resilience, the more successful we will be. We seek to attract diverse individuals in experience, perspective, and culture. Our company must represent the broader global food system if we are to be successful in this endeavor and so we seek to recruit and build teams that represents the beautiful diversity of people and life present on this planet.
- Job is based in Marlborough, MA and it is expected that you will be available 5 days per week at the laboratory.
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- The job offers competitive benefits including health insurance, vision, and dental as well as 401k and unlimited PTO.
- Candidates will need a driver's license and must undergo a background check.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Thank you for your interest in Edacious!