OverviewNIO is a global company with R&D offices in North America, Germany, the UK, and China. NIO is the leader in the intelligent Electronic Vehicle (EV) industry in China, which is the largest, fastest-growing EV market in the world, and is also rapidly expanding its business worldwide. NIO is seeking research engineers for our Digital Cockpit team located in San Jose, California.You will research new technologies, and technologies used in other industries which can be applied to create the next immersive user experience.
- Study, research, prototype, and validate technologies to solve fundamental technical problems, increase efficiency and make technical breakthroughs with complex systems using GPU and graphic pipelines, in the context of Digital Cockpit.
- Study, research, prototype, and validate technologies using 3D modeling in the context of Digital Cockpit.
- Ph.D. or master’s degree with publication and research projects, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Communication, and Electronics.
- 1-year experience in a relevant domain in industry or academia.
- Experience with 3D modeling technology and animation techniques.
- Experience with rendering engines, such as Unreal or Unity3D.
- Knowledge and experience of how complex GPU and graphics system works.
- Object-oriented programming experience in a language like C++, C#, or Java.
About NIO NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
- Experience designing or developing simulation software environments.
- Understanding how virtualization and containerization (virtual machine, hypervisors, containers) works, their implementation, and deployment challenges and benefits.
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of explaining complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.