NIO is a global company with R&D offices in China, North America, Germany, and UK. NIO is the leader of intelligent Electronic Vehicle (EV) industry in China, which is the largest, fastest growing EV market in the world, and is also rapidly expanding its business worldwide. Digital Systems department at NIO is responsible for building highly reliable, secure, and scalable infrastructure and platforms for intelligent and fully autonomous driving vehicles, and its scope ranges from vehicle operating system software platform, central computer and SOA-based digital architecture, automation simulation test platforms, cyber security, vehicle cloud & connectivity. A primary mission of Digital Systems North America R&D Center is to lead the research and development of industry-leading operating systems for autonomous driving vehicles (NVOS – NIO Vehicle Operating System) from the ground up. This is an opportunity to solve a wide range of technical challenges, such as building a high-performance & secure OS based on microkernel architecture, deeply customized Linux and in-house hypervisor for automobile-grade safety, seamless app development on heterogeneous hardware chipsets, low-latency and high throughput data processing, powerful AI framework, and complete toolchains to supply Android-like development experiences.
- Deliver SoC BSP software based upon product definitions, customer specifications, and vehicle platform specifications in emulated / virtual environments.
- Design and implement low-level software platform, supporting a wide variation of requirements with high efficiency and scalability.
- Implement robust, testable, abstract, and modular software components.
- Write unit tests to fully protect and validate implemented functionality.
- Commit and deliver high quality software deliverables on time for the different vehicle programs.
- Understanding testing strategies to align efforts with testability and ensure full traceability of requirements
- 5+ years of work experience in SoC BSP development in embedded systems.
- BS / MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of software technologies and embedded software systems.
- In-depth knowledge of SoC architectures (Tricore, ARM, RISC-V) including clock trees, memory models, IRQs, trust zone.
- Solid understanding of embedded operating systems and boot loaders.
- Excellent communication skills, and technical writing proficiency.
- Organized mindset, and passionate about delivering high-quality software
About NIO NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
- Experience in automotive platforms is a plus.
- Experience in software development with QEMU or Renode is a plus.
- Experience in virtualization software development with hypervisor is a plus.
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.