NIO is a global company with R&D offices in China, North America, Germany, and UK. NIO is the leader of intelligent Electronic Vehicle (EV) industry in China, which is the largest, fastest growing EV market in the world, and is also rapidly expanding its business worldwide. Digital Systems department at NIO is responsible for building highly reliable, secure, and scalable software for intelligent and fully autonomous driving vehicles. Our scope includes vehicle operating system, software platform, development & productivity tools, central computer and SOA-based digital architecture, cyber security, vehicle cloud & connectivity, etc. Roles & Responsibilities:
Architect technical solutions that help us deliver vehicle level emulation software solution for cross platform vehicle initiatives.Lead the proof-of-concept development to evaluate the architectural designs in terms of functionality, performance, security, and dependability.Partner with engineering teams to understand real-world constraints and to support the high-quality implementation of vehicle simulation software designs for product development, validation and integration.Define the evolution roadmap for vehicle level simulation solutions.Define and deliver requirements for development team.Follow industry trends and study competitors’ technical stacks.
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture design and development for complex emulation/simulation platform software.
- 7+ years development experience of building complex software systems.
- BS / MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of computer architectures, CPU / MPU / MCU software emulators, and simulation strategies.
- Solid understanding of embedded / mobile operating systems and emulation software technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, and technical writing proficiency.
- Organized mindset, and passionate about delivering high-quality software.
About NIO NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
- Experience in discrete event simulation and simulink based simulation, deep understanding of the interaction between ECU domains is a plus.
- Experience in distributed system based simulation platform is a plus
- Experience in automotive platforms is a plus.
- Experience with AUTOSAR, microcontroller architecture, peripherals standards is a plus.
- Familiar with microkernel architecture, Linux kernel, hypervisor, middleware, and application framework.
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.