NIO’s Global Product Development / PMO office is seeking a senior level Vehicle Software Program Manager for it’s Research & Development Center in North San Jose, CA. The Program Manager will play a hands-on leadership role in Program Management supporting successful go-to-market initiatives.
This isn’t just another job. It’s an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, come join us!
- Lead vehicle software delivery program management across R&D in the U.S. to support successful vehicle launch and new market entry. This includes gathering vehicle software requirements, planning, integration to issue management and programmatic risk mitigation.
- Coordinate with vehicle software delivery teams and their respective program managers, building agile and high performance delivery teams.
- Liaising with the Global Program Management and Product Development office in China and contributing to the company-wide vehicle software delivery framework.
- Continuously improve the process and tools of the software delivery teams, enabling NIO's Experience Defined Vehicle development.
- Bachelor's degree or above, majoring in computer science, electronics or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in software program management, product management or project management and strong execution skills.
- Global and large scale, cross-functional program management leadership in the advancement of foundational Software Platforms and/or core product development Software Frameworks.
- Solid executive-facing and software-team facing communications, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Experience in the implementation of demand management related tools such as Jira, Confluence preferred
About NIO NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
- Software Product Development in the domains of Modern Automotive (Autonomous, Electric Vehicles), Tier One Automotive, Software Defined Vehicle, Telecom or Robotics strongly desired.
- Prior experience in both Consulting and Global Startups strongly desired.
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.