Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
Form Energy is hiring a co-op as part of our Site Operations - Capital Projects team. In this role, you will learn how to drive a construction project and support the transitions from R&D to manufacturing. You will help the facilities manager and program manager with project planning and coordinate with outside vendors/contractors, ultimately contributing to the building of our first factory. You will be part of a highly collaborative and cross functional team and will have the opportunity to grow your engineering and communication skills while helping tackle climate change.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of construction projects
- Analyze cost and schedule for vendors to inform decisions for improving our infrastructure build out and FF&E
- Document methods to streamline processes and stabilize outcomes
- Work closely with the facilities manager and Program Manager to ensure quality of work, onboarding, billing and budgeting is up to date
- Manage and report progress for capital projects throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers, including ordering supplies, facilitating OAC meetings, and coordinating tool equipment installation
- Communicate project needs, changes, and status to internal and external team members
- Cross-functional support with manufacturing engineering, procurement, and systems engineering
What You'll Bring:
- Pursuing degree in construction management, material science, civil engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and/or EH&S graduating in or after winter 2023
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Slack, Bluebeam Revu, and various scheduling software
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, manufacturing processes, equipment O&M, real estate, A&E design processes, and other project demands
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to inform project decisions
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.