Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Productization group seeks to develop innovative new manufacturing processes and automation tools to establish Twelve as a world leader in carbon transformation. It is composed of several teams focused on different aspects of engineering, manufacturing, new product introduction, quality, and customer deployments of our CO2 conversion systems.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will support the team to build out cross functional work plans to support our production goals and successfully transition innovations into our commercial product, communicate priorities, adjust the schedule to unforeseen circumstances, and communicate progress. Success in this role will allow Twelve to accelerate our technology development to transform the way we build our CO2 products at industrial scale.
What you will do
- Leading a cross-functional team to deliver Twelve’s first Gigafactory and other projects
- Working cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders, interfacing with end users, engineering, and manufacturing while tracking the project schedule and overall success
- Ensure on-time, or ahead of time delivery of engineering and construction projects while maintaining or exceeding budgetary expectations
- You ensure efficient performance on the project by focusing on communication, project planning, scheduling, change management, project controls, progress measurement, and economic evaluation
- Define and compile the high-level project risks, assumptions, and constraints. Create a risk management and response plan. Define and implement an integrated change management process and system per company guidelines and standards.
- Ability to evaluate construction drawings, create biddable work packages and validate contractor bids against cost/schedule estimates
- Evaluate, negotiate and process change orders, submittals and RFIs
- Provide clear, concise direction to the GC in charge of the construction helping prioritize efficient build-out
- Troubleshoot, walk down, and resolve issues that arise from the field
- Quickly respond to queries and resolve any technical barriers to completion
- Coordinate cross-functional projects and triage team priorities, with an eye for building sustainable processes
- Partner with the CPO to ensure alignment with current needs and priorities
Who you are
- You have excellent communication and team-building skills with a high do-say ration as well as proficient project execution
- You have exceptional time management, organizational, and process design skills
- You are capable of thinking and planning strategically, while also keeping your eye on the crucial details and ensuring their execution
- You are a savvy learner who can adapt and iterate quickly, thriving in fast-paced start up environments
- Experience managing engineering and construction projects in large manufacturing/industrial environments
- Familiar with code compliance and building occupancy
- Understands interdependent utility integration, e.g., completed wet-mech systems including installed, wired, and calibrated devices
- Wet Mechanical (piping)
- Dry Mechanical (ductwork)
- Life Safety (fire suppression and alarm)
- Confident in decision making ability and coordinating among key stakeholders
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.