- Your mission at Climeworks is to support the synthesis and post-functionalization of materials within the sorbent development team to ensure our competitive advantage in solid sorbents for our direct air capture technology.
- You will be part of our multidisciplinary laboratory team of organic chemists, polymer chemists, materials scientists, and laboratory technicians.
- The scope of the development support comprises carrying out and optimizing the synthesis and post-functionalization of solid sorbents for direct air capture. You are responsible for monitoring and interpreting the reaction outcome using analytical techniques such as FT-IR, nitrogen sorption, porosimetry, titration, elemental analysis.
- You accurately document your experimental work and participate in internal meetings.
- You help maintaining an efficient laboratory infrastructure with a safety-first culture and promote efficient team and department collaboration.
- You have completed an apprenticeship as laboratory technician or higher education (BSc, MSc), specialized in organic or polymer chemistry.
- You bring advanced knowledge in organic synthesis, preferably in solid-state synthetic chemistry and the post-functionalization of polymers.
- You are highly reliable and accurately plan and document experimental work.
- You have a safety-first attitude and comply with the process safety best practice.
- You have good communication skills, hands-on attitude, a positive mindset and see yourself as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- You have a passion for new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- You are fluent in English and any German knowledge is a plus.
What we offer: A flat organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.