Since experience comes in many forms, and imposter syndrome is real, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you check every box. Many skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.About Us
As consumers continue to demand greater transparency and accountability for the products they use, sustainability is no longer optional. That’s why we’ve built a technology-forward, data-driven network solution that empowers clean brands and manufacturers. Novi is the first to provide our thousands of users with the data, tools, and marketplace they need to procure materials and build the clean and transparent products that their customers are demanding. And while our roots are in the wellness and personal care category, we anticipate serving a much broader set of markets, including food, household cleaning, and more.
The opportunity in front of us is vast (a $1.5T market), our mission is urgent, and we’re well-funded by top-tier VC firms (Defy, Greylock, and Tiger Global) making the investments required to achieve it. We’re looking for talented people passionate about sustainability to join us in building the future of consumer product development. If that’s you, let’s talk!What We're Looking ForNovi is building a data platform to help brands understand their products and ingredients and a marketplace to help brands and manufacturers purchase transparent ingredients from suppliers. This industry we're tackling is fragmented and complicated, so we are looking for someone who is excited about fundamentally changing the way this industry works today and the early stages of company building.This is a high-impact role - we're a small, early-stage company and an even smaller Product team - so you'll be working closely with the Leadership team and an integral part of both our product development process as well as Novi's business. As our Data Analyst, reporting to our Head of Product, you will be the primary point point person for all things data at Novi - collecting, analyzing, synthesizing, and disseminating to the rest of the team to ensure we are always laser-focused and data-driven.
- Help build on our existing data warehouse to ensure that we’re capturing all of the important data points in well-structured & logical ways - and help ensure our warehouse & infrastructure keeps up with our rapid pace of growth and iteration
- Leverage a suite of analytics tools (including dbt, BigQuery & more) to develop and implement data analyses and maintain data integrity
- Ensure our data is accessible to all team members, including creating reports, maintaining dashboards, and transforming data into flattened tables to unlock insights across the company
- Lead our data strategy and influence key product and engineering decisions around the development and maintenance of data collection and infrastructure
- Work closely with the Product team to make actionable recommendations about product strategy and prioritization based on a deep understanding of customer engagement and behavior
- Work closely with the Leadership team to measure business health and growth and make actionable recommendations on business strategy
- Partner with Product and Supply Chain to further understand supply and demand and iterate on our pricing models
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role (eg. analytics, consulting, data science, or an equivalent role conducting analysis on large datasets)
- Advanced proficiency in SQL to query large datasets
- Strong understanding of product & business metrics
- Strong attention to detail
- An owner mindset: You are biased toward action and are always solving problems and pushing toward delivery
- Keep a high bar: A love of learning, leveling up, and challenging yourself
- Resourceful & scrappy, letting nothing stand in your way of seeing a project across the line or getting to the bottom of a problem
- Strong collaboration & communication skills: Forming trusting relationships with your cross-functional teammates and ability to communicate complex analyses clearly & quickly across all audiences
- Experience with tools for product analytics (eg. Mixpanel, Amplitude) and visualization software (eg. Google Data Studio, Looker)
- A passion for Novi's mission and sustainability
Life at NoviOne of Novi's core values is "whole people" and we believe in self care and bringing our best selves to work. Novi's early team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and domains, and we will continue to foster diversity and inclusion, since it is critical to achieving our mission. Come join us in building the future of consumer product development.
- Experience with (or excitement to learn) tools for data transformation (eg. dbt, Dataform)
Unlimited vacation timeMonthly flexible spend on PerkUp
, covering anything from your cell phone bill to meals on Postmates401k matchRemote hardware setup and WFH stipendRobust paid parental/foster/adoption leaveCompetitive salary, benefits and equity packages for all employees