At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) Test Engineer to join the Test Team and support the Software and Avionics Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT). You will own the design verification and certification testing of our next generation autonomous aircraft avionics and power distribution systems.
Why we need you:
- You will develop automated tests for our avionics and power distribution systems. You will bridge the gap between software and hardware and make sure everything integrates correctly. You will verify that our autonomous system is working per the FAA requirements and certify a new way of flying.
- You will be responsible for creating test fixtures from concept to full working rigs, developing and executing test cases and providing feedback to the design team. The successful candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, hands-on and follow best safety practices.
- Lead the avionics and power distribution systems verification efforts
- Work closely with the avionics, electrical, software and simulation engineers to develop test requirements and test plans
- Develop HIL test setups for different aircraft systems and support iron bird design
- Setup Data Acquisition Systems (DAQs) and real-time test software
- Develop test framework and write test scripts
- Design, procure and fabricate test fixtures, harnesses and jigs
- Establish traceability using requirement management tools and version control
- Automate test execution, data collection and post-processing to increase test cadence and reporting, ease operation and increase safety
- Analyze test data and trace failures to correct subsystems and work with cross functional development teams to identify the root cause and solve them
- Maintain HIL test setups and upgrade them with the latest hardware and software versions
- Ensure and improve safety protocols.
What you have done:
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering degree
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of HIL test experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with scripting for test automation and data analysis
- Experience with NI tools and hardware (Veristand, PXI, Labview)
- Excellent Python and/or C software scripting skills
- Hands on development of test systems.
- Knowledge of power electronics and/or avionics systems
- Knowledge of battery management and charging
- Strong fundamentals and hands-on experience in analog and/or power electronics design
- Familiarity with several communication protocols such as CAN, serial and ethernet
- Experience interpreting PCB Schematics and component datasheets
- Experience using oscilloscopes, multimeters as well as tools such as CANalyzer and National Instruments hardware.
- Experience working with high voltage electrical systems
- Familiarity with Linux
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.